Did you know?
- • Prostate cancer is the second most common cancer in men in the U.S.
- • Testicular Cancer is the most common cancer in young men aged 15-34 in the U.S.
- • About 1 in 4 adults in the U.S. will experience a mental health problem in a given year.
- • Around half (53.8%) of American men meet the federal guidelines for physical activity.
These numbers are staggering. They bring to light a men's health problem that we cannot ignore. It is especially pertinent to the well-being of all of us as Phi Psis. With more than 70,000 living alumni, we have the power to make a meaningful difference in the fight for men's health on a massive scale. Our current undergraduates and their future sons deserve every bit of help we can provide.
There is a way we can all come together as a brotherhood to address this issue head-on. In just a few days, October will depart from our calendars and November will be upon us.
Let's harness the power of our brotherhood in a massive MOVEMBER campaign for all brothers of Phi Kappa Psi.
Raise $50,000 for the Movember Foundation by November 30
Is it a gutsy goal? We don't think so. We have 70,000+ members, more than 100 chapters and colonies, and 50 alumni associations. If we all can inspire our brothers to take on this challenge, we will most certainly exceed our goal and show the world what the power of our brotherhood really means.
How it works
Step 1 - Create a Personal Page
Head to Movember.com to create a personal profile. We encourage you to add a heartfelt message in the description to bring your cause to life and a customized URL to make your profile easily accessible/professional.
If you don't plan to join any team (chapter, alumni association, or alumni club), simply join the 'Phi Kappa Psi Fraternity' team.
Step 2 - Create a Team Page for your Chapter, Alumni Association or Alumni Club
When you are signing up for your personal profile, it will give you an option to either 'Join' or 'Create' an existing team. If your chapter, alumni association, or alumni club wants to create a team page to centralize donations (highly recommended), create one at this screen. Keep in mind that the creator of the page will be the team captain.
- • Team names should follow this structure:
- ◦ Tennessee Alpha - La Grange Synodical College OR Lancaster Alumni Association
- • Create a customized link to your team page that is easy to navigate (i.e. moteam.co/phipsialaska)
- • If your chapter is not creating a team, you can CLICK HERE to join the Phi Kappa Psi team.
Step 3 - Join the Phi Kappa Psi Network
Click on the 'Networks' tab just below your profile picture. In the search bar, type in 'Phi Kappa Psi Fraternity' and click 'Join This Network.' This will give you access to the overall network of Phi Psis participating in this challenge. We will monitor progress for each individual and group to assess who is at the top of our community leaderboard. To help us get to our $50,000 goal, your personal or team profile MUST be a part of our network!
Step 4 - Share Your #PhiPsiMovember Story
Post pictures of your moustache to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, or another social media platform of your choice with the hashtag #PhiPsiMovember. Use this as an opportunity to share your purpose and ask for donations to the cause—you might even become internet famous!
Step 5 - Participate in our Upcoming Conference Call
If you have questions about #PhiPsiMovember or want to know best practices for fundraising, we are hosting a conference call on Friday, October 30 at 3:00pm EDT. To connect, call 317-325-8945. This is a great time to ask clarifying questions and ensure you are on the path to MoBro success.
Reward for Your Efforts
Raising awareness for men's health is the real win here. On the other hand, we want to reward the teams and individuals who work the hardest to raise the most money towards our $50,000 goal. Here are the prizes we will offer:
Top 3 Individual Contributors
The three brothers who single-handedly raise the most money through their personal profiles will receive a Full-Size Shaving Kit with a Pure Shaving Brush from www.theartofshaving.com (these packages are $120 in value).
Team that Raises Most Money Overall
The team that is able to raise the most money overall will receive a $15 gift card to www.dollarshaveclub.com for EACH member of the team who raises at least $25.
This group will also receive a $15 gift card to www.dollarshaveclub.com for EACH member of the team who raises at least $25.
The Rules of Movember
- Click HERE to create an individual and/or team profile and get started
- As dawn breaks on November 1, each participant must start the day with a clean shaven face
- For the entire month of November, each participant must grow and groom a moustache
- Beards, goatees, and fake moustaches are not allowed; we're talking all-natural—be proud of whatever you can muster
- Use the power of the moustache to open up conversation(s) about men's health
- (Like any Phi Psi should) Be a gentleman
- Tell your fellow brothers to join in on the campaign and create a Movember fundraising page
- Post your photos on social media with #PhiPsiMovember
- Most importantly, have fun raising awareness for a great cause with brothers from all over the world!
Other Useful VideosMovember Awareness Saves Lives
Movember Tackles Testicular Cancer
A Mo Bro's Journey - Ron Telpner
The Journey to End Prostate Cancer
True NTH - Raising Money to Fight Prostate Cancer
The Phi Kappa Psi Fraternity is a 501(c)(7) association of men of integrity who strive to develop the individual in his intellect, in his involvement in the community and in his faith. The Fraternity was founded on February 19, 1852 at Jefferson College by William Henry Letterman and Charles Page Thomas Moore. It currently has 100 chapters across the United States, with over 6,500 undergraduate members and over 80,000 living alumni.