The Phi Kappa Psi Expansion and Recruitment Consultant is one of the most vital positions we offer and provides a very important service to our organization. If you enjoyed your undergraduate experience and have a love for Phi Kappa Psi, consider helping us start new chapters all across the country.
This will be one of the most exciting and challenging jobs you may ever have. The training program will help you become an expert in recruitment and colonization, while also covering colony operations and new member orientation.
You will travel all over the country, in accordance with the expansion schedule, assisting in starting colonies and providing existing chapters with recruitment help. This is an ideal time to make professional and alumni contacts in various cities. We hope your time working and networking will help you develop your own personal and professional long term goals.
In addition to your salary, you will be provided with housing, a company vehicle, laptop computer, phone and an allowance for meals.. During the colonization, housing will be provided and you will receive a per diem for meals and reimbursement for fuel, travel, and colonization related expenses.
Overall the Expansion and Recruitment Consultant training will help prepare you for many professions after Phi Psi. It provides you with the opportunity to develop and exercise skills that few new graduates are able to cultivate. You will become an ambassador for the Fraternity, working with colonies, alumni, National Fraternity officers and volunteers and campus administrators. You will gain insight into your abilities of diplomacy, critical thinking, planning, entrepreneurial skills and marketing skills.
Finally, you will join the ranks of dozens of other loyal, committed brothers who have taken time in their lives to help make Phi Kappa Psi a stronger organization and will be better prepared to assist your own chapter as an alumnus advisor later, should you choose.
- Will report to and be directly supervised by the Director of Expansion
- Assists in colonizing new groups at the scheduled campuses.
- Utilizes the Colony Petition to help start a successful and viable group on the campus.
- Acts as the primary liaison of the Fraternities expansion efforts on the campus during the colonization.
- Provides weekly reports to the Director of Expansion during the colonization process.
- Creates a detailed report, at the end of colonization, going over the entire process, highlighting successes and failures.
- Meets with Alumni Advisory team, Fraternity and Sorority Life Professional, and other campus professionals on a scheduled basis to maintain strong relations.
- Assists the Director of Expansion in developing and working with existing colonies.
- Assists the Director of Expansion in develop and executing the Recruitment College Program
- Works with Associate Directors of Chapter Services and Director of Expansion to identify chapters in need of recruitment training and coordinate those visits.
- Works with National office staff to assist in situational needs for projects.
- Assists during Woodrow Wilson Leadership School (WWLS), Grand Arch Council (GAC), Presidents Leadership Academy (PLA), and Fraternity Educators Leadership Academy (FELA).
- Assists colonies in their transition into a chapter of the Fraternity.
- Assists chapters in improving networking and event planning skills
- Develops a recruitment plan for chapter incorporating new recruitment techniques
- Helps with various marketing ideas the will help promote the chapter's recognition
- Facilitates chapter's understanding of each individual members role within recruitment
- Collaborates with chapters to set goals and standards for the kind of men the chapter will recruit.
- Be an initiated member of Phi Kappa Psi in good standing
- Possess an undergraduate degree
- Possess excellent interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills
- Fluently read, write and understand English
- Have the ability to multi-task
- Be able to speak in front of small and large groups
- Possess an outgoing, positive, and innovative personality
- Have confidence in guiding/advising/supporting peers
- Have the ability to relate to collegians, college/university administrators and alumni
- Demonstrate leadership qualities
- Show strong entrepreneurial skills.
- Be highly motivated and able to motivate others
- Have the ability to research, collect data, and synthesize the information
- Possess strong time management skills
- Be comfortable with consecutive days of travel
- Take initiative and work on projects
- Hold a valid United States driver's license
- Be able to operate a vehicle
- Be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Have the ability to problem solve in sometimes stressful situations
Compensation and Benefits
- Company Vehicle
- Company Cell Phone
- Health Insurance
- Auto Insurance
- Travel Stipend
- Food Stipend
If you have questions about the job please contact James Perez, Director of Expansion.