Phi Kappa Psi Wins Laurel Wreath Award
Indianapolis, June 14, 2017 – The Phi Kappa Psi Fraternity announces receipt of the North American Interfraternity Conference (NIC) 2017 Laurel Wreath Award
Phi Kappa Psi’s ELEVATE health & wellness program was selected as a recipient of the North American Interfraternity Conference (NIC) 2017 Laurel Wreath Award.
The award is presented to organizations who have executed an impactful program, community outreach, or directed influence within the fraternal world. This is the first time Phi Kappa Psi has received the award.
Launched in 2016, ELEVATE is a comprehensive set of health and wellness programs designed to provide knowledge, skills and understanding to address concerns facing today’s college man safely and appropriately. ELEVATE includes programs in a variety of formats such as:
- Awareness campaigns focused on specific health topics
- Customized campus resource guides for connection and enhanced use of health and wellness opportunities on each campus
- Educational modules for facilitating chapter conversations about men’s health
- GreekLifeEdu for further education on critical issues like alcohol abuse and sexual assault
- Programming that educates chapter members on the basics of the fraternity’s risk management policy and creates conversation about planning safe social events
- Participation in Movember to raise awareness and funds for critical men’s health topics
- Social Strengths, a program created by Prevention Culture, focused on sexual violence and healthy relationships, delivered to each chapter by fraternity staff
- Wellness Wednesdays, a weekly health and wellness tip distributed by social media
Approaching these issues from a health and wellness perspective provides lifelong knowledge and skills to members. The ability to address issues early and often enhances the member experience by providing resources and education to have conversations and actions toward positive, lasting change.
Through ELEVATE, we have increased both the quantity and quality of content we provide to members around health and wellness topics. By integrating elements of ELEVATE throughout our operations, we are currently providing in-person touch points on aspects of ELEVATE to 100% of our undergraduate members each year. We also have plans to expand the program with focused mental health initiatives, health and wellness training for advisors, and potential collaboration and partnerships with national organizations.
On behalf of everyone who has played a role in the development, launch, and continued growth of ELEVATE, Phi Kappa Psi Fraternity is extremely proud to accept the NIC’s Laurel Wreath Award.
You can learn more about the ELEVATE program on our website.
The Phi Kappa Psi Fraternity, founded in 1852 at Jefferson College, engages men of integrity, further develops their intellect and enhances community involvement. With a legacy built on acceptance and trust, each brother realizes his highest potential through a lifelong experience of service and excellence. Today there are 106 undergraduate chapters and colonies, 51 alumni associations and more than 124,000 lifetime initiates.