Phi Kappa Psi celebrates National Hazing Prevention Week
Committed to bringing about national change, Phi Kappa Psi celebrates National Hazing Prevention Week (NHPW) September 23-27, 2019. NHPW is an opportunity for organizations, communities, schools, campuses and individuals to raise awareness, educate and promote the prevention of hazing.
We encourage all brothers to join this cause and take the pledge against hazing. The process is simple and is a demonstration of your pledge to the Phi Kappa Psi creed; to be honor bound to strengthen your character and deepen your integrity. Furthermore, you can help the cause by participating in or planning a NHPW activity or event on your campus. Some examples include:
- Partner with your governing councils on campus to assist with any of their ongoing hazing prevention efforts
- Schedule a table event on campus to help educate your community
- Bring up and have a discussion at chapter meetings about the dangers of hazing
- Reserve or allot space on campus to watch a film or documentary about hazing
- Invite a speaker to your campus to educate the community
- Take photos and upload them to social media to show your support using #NHPW19
Throughout NHPW and all year round, members and friends of Phi Kappa Psi are encouraged to join in the movement to end hazing. To learn more about National Hazing Prevention Week, visit HazingPrevention.org.