The Phi Kappa Psi Fraternity engages men of integrity, further develops their intellect and enhances community involvement. With a legacy built on acceptance and trust, each brother realizes his highest potential through a lifelong experience of service and excellence. You can join this prestigious organization and root your career in, “The Great Joy of Serving Others.”
Phi Kappa Psi’s consultants are the models for an ideal member of Phi Kappa Psi and consistently personify and demonstrate the values of the Fraternity. Consultants foster strong relationships with all stakeholders invested in our chapters and colonies, train all necessary constituents on operations, and promote and educate all parties on the Fraternity’s initiatives.
- Member of Phi Kappa Psi in good standing
- Clear understanding of Phi Kappa Psi’s Mission, Vision, and Ritual
- Degree from an accredited four-year college or university
- Demonstrated leadership experience within the Fraternity, other student organizations, or professional experiences outside of college
- Professional conduct and appearance
QUALITIES OF A PHI KAPPA PSI CONSULTANT:
- Courteous and Cultured: empathetic and aware of the feelings of others around him; inclusive and tolerant; strives to be a positive change agent for his community
- Moderate in Manners and Morals: professional/appropriate behavior and appearance; leverages personal strengths
- Demonstrates Intellectual Excellence: self-motivated, innovative, and hard working
- Generous, Compassionate, and Loyal: dedicated to the fulfillment of the mission and values of Phi Kappa Psi; lives the Creed and Ritual of the Fraternity
- Serve as the Fraternity’s de facto client manager for an assigned group of chapters and/or colonies.
- Create and foster open communication between all stakeholders in the chapters you are assigned (chapter, volunteers, university, staff, etc.)
- Serve as the primary point of contact between the Fraternity Headquarters and all undergraduate members and volunteers of the chapters you are assigned
- Be versed in all basic operation functions of the National Fraternity, the Phi Kappa Psi Foundation, and the Canonsburg Corporation
- Serve as a resource for chapters regarding operational best practices, policies, and traditions of the fraternity and be able to educate stakeholders on the how to improve.
- Gather data and best practices from all chapter visits in order to facilitate knowledge transfer across the Fraternity
- Facilitate in-depth training and programming sessions with chapters, working with officers, members, volunteers, and university to address key issues
- Actively participate in the National Fraternity’s initiatives and programs
- Participate in all National Programming, including the Grand Arch Council, Woodrow Wilson Leadership School, Leadership Programs, and the American Leadership Academy
- Serve as an active participant in all-staff office training and planning sessions when relevant
- Utilize online reporting and data collections for chapter information collection
- Weekly reports will be sent to supervisor for feedback, action items, and general information regarding the chapter visit
- Follow up reports will be expected for each chapter visit to be stored in the Fraternity database
- Expansion Consultants recruit and manage new members for an assigned colony
- Actively hosting on campus recruitment events and engaging the student body to find worthy candidates to begin the colony
- Working with colony member to start a successful colony that will become a chapter by initiating best practices and setting realistic goals set forth by the Colony Petition Packet
- Consultants will be asked to be based in Indianapolis and travel to assigned chapters or colonies
- Expansion Consultants will be based in Indianapolis, but will be expected to live in the city or area where they are beginning a new colony of Phi Kappa Psi
- Travel is a required part of this position and all candidates must be willing to spend an estimated 75% of their time on the road, helping to improve our chapters
If you are interested in applying to this position, please visit the following link.