Regional Chapter Advisor
With an ever-changing campus climate and an increased need for Greek organizations to better educate, shape, and engage with our students; Phi Kappa Psi is looking for a group of dedicated alumni to help us answer the call and serve as a Regional Chapter Advisor.
The regional advisor is a high-level, regionalized volunteer who oversees the recruitment, performance and support of all the volunteers within the region. His direct responsibilities relate to the recruitment, placement and coaching of the chapter advisors within his region.
Up to six-chapter advisors will be able to reach out to the Regional Advisor for guidance and support. Each chapter advisor will still be charge of their chapter and advisory team. The Regional Advisor will be appointed by the Executive Council and act as an extension of the Phi Kappa Psi staff. He will also form strong working relationships with the Phi Kappa Psi Fraternity staff.
The regional advisor duties are designated below:
- Provide continuous support to chapter advisors
- Ensure there is succession planning and training for all volunteers in their region
- Work with Alumni Services team to recruit and train highly qualified chapter advisors
- Serve the Fraternity as an ambassador at regional events if needed (installations, Founders Day, Regional Officer Training, etc.)
- Serve a term of at least three years
Measures of Success
- District will have every chapter advisory position filled, each advisory team will have at least three out of five advisory team positions filled
- The Regional Advisor communicates regularly with their chapter advisors and provides coaching and feedback to ensure advisors are trained and accountable
- The Regional Advisor helps ensure advisors are helping to move their individual chapters forward
- Attend Grand Arch Council (even years) or Woodrow Wilson Leadership School (odd years)
- Attend Regional Officer Training
- Chapter visitation as needed
- Knowledge of mission of the Fraternity, previous chapter advising experience
- Flexible travel schedule for meetings with chapters in their region
- Experience providing feedback through coaching and mentoring
- Ability to train advisory teams and help recruit advisors
- Ability to work with host institutions