September 23-27, 2019
A continuing commitment to bringing about national change, Phi Kappa Psi is partnered with HazingPrevention.org for National Hazing Prevention Week (NHPW). NHPW is an opportunity for organizations, communities, schools, campuses and individuals to raise awareness, educate and promote the prevention of hazing. HazingPrevention.org formed to turn the conversation away from punishing those who haze and instead aim to prevent hazing from taking place.
We encourage all brothers to join this cause and take the pledge against hazing. The process is simple and is a demonstration of your pledge to the Phi Kappa Psi creed; to be honor bound to strengthen your character and deepen your integrity. Furthermore, you can help the cause by participating in or planning an NHPW activity or event on your campus. Some examples include:
- Schedule a table event on campus to help educate your community
- Bring up and have a discussion at chapter meetings about the dangers of hazing
- Reserve or allot space on campus to watch a film or documentary about hazing
- Invite a speaker to your campus to educate the community
- Take photos and upload them to social media to show your support
As National Hazing Prevention Week approaches, members of the Phi Psi Family are invited to join in the movement against hazing. We support and appreciate the love and comradery that comes with being members of a fraternity and we want you to utilize that love in the push for change.
To learn more about National Hazing Prevention Week, visit HazingPrevention.org.