New Member Education
After accepting a bid, the first step in the lifelong journey of a Phi Kappa Psi brother is to complete the fraternity’s New Member Education Program.
Coupled with programs like GreekLifeEdu and CliftonStrengths, the program itself offers detailed, in-person weekly sessions which align with our core values of personal integrity, academic excellence, brotherhood, service to the community and respect for the dignity and well-being of others.
The entire program is six weeks in length, requiring two hours per week at most on each new topic. As of winter 2017, all chapters and colonies are expected to use this version of the New Member Education Program.
Components of the current program include:
- Understanding of the history, governance and function of Phi Kappa Psi.
- Resources for achieving academic excellence and the beginning of a career action plan.
- Increased awareness of self and knowledge of the implications one has on brotherhood.
- Clarification on the difference and importance of service and philanthropy with increased engagement in giving back to others.
- Education on consent, diversity, masculinity, and why self-care and the care of others are crucial to a healthy life.
- Engagement on leadership potential and goal setting for reaching their potential.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you feel at any point during the New Member Program that you or someone you know experiences hazing in any form, please contact the Anti-Hazing Hotline 1-888-NOT-HAZE.
For more information about the Fraternity’s New Member Education Program, please contact email@example.com.