Register today to attend the third Professional Development Conference (PDC)!
PDC will take place in Chicago, Illinois at the Westin O’Hare Thursday, Oct. 31–Sunday, Nov. 3, 2019.
PDC is a unique opportunity for undergraduates to enhance or develop their professional skills through vigorous workshops and one–on–one coaching. It also provides an avenue to expand your network to include seasoned alum from across the country. Phi Psi’s partnership with Jimmy Palumbo and PivitU has made this program an overwhelming success in its first two years.
To register for this year’s program:
- Navigate and log in to the Phi Psi Portal
- Click the “Event Registration” button
- Select “2019 Professional Development Conference”
- Complete the registration form
If you haven’t done so already, you’ll need to establish your FSID upon login into the Phi Psi Portal before you can register for PDC.
Once you log in, you will see one of two registration forms to complete depending on the current balance in your chapter’s Chapter Leadership Fund (CLF). If your chapter has the funds to cover student participation in the program, your registration form will show balance due of $150. If your chapter does not currently have the funds to cover the program, you will see $510 as the balance due.
The total cost for this year’s program is $510 per student with participation being underwritten by generous donations to the Phi Kappa Psi Foundation and Chapter Leadership Funds (CLF). Each participant will incur a $150 out of pocket registration fee. The additional $360 can be funded through your chapter’s CLF if money is available. View your chapter’s latest CLF balance here: https://www.pkpfoundation.org/chapter-leadership-funds/clf-balances/
Fundraising for CLF is ongoing. Additional gifts can be made through this secure form: https://www.pkpfoundation.org/pdc/
Registration is first-come, first-served.
- Registration is on Thursday, October 31 from 2-5 pm CT
- Participants should arrive no later than 4 pm CT
- The program will end on Sunday, November 3 at 11:30 am CT
- Participants who are flying should plan for their outgoing flight no earlier than 2 pm CT
During PDC participants will:
- Meet and interact with alumni coaches and local area alumni from a wide array of professional industries
- Develop their personal brand to use on LinkedIn and in resume development
- Craft an elevator pitch to use in networking settings
- Build an action plan for career planning
- Understand the professional on-boarding process
- Understand the world of professional recruiting and how to set yourself apart
- Learn winning interview strategies