Regional Leadership Training
Regional Leadership Training (RLT) is an educational program for officers to learn skills to better serve their respective chapters. The regional approach offers an opportunity to network with nearby chapters. Below are the 2021 program dates, locations and chapters assigned to each.
While there is no advisor track for 2021, Advisors are invited to indicate their interest to facilitate a session.
COVID-19 & RLT: The health and safety of all members and volunteers is our top priority. All RLT locations are tentative. A final decision for in-person sessions will be made at the end of August. Continue to check this page for updates.
Saturday – January 9, 2021
- Chicago, IL: Beloit, DePaul, Illinois, Illinois State, Michigan State, NIU, Northwestern, UIC
- Des Moines, IA: Iowa, Iowa State, Kansas, Minnesota, Minn.-Duluth, Minn. State Mankato, Missouri, Nebraska
- Tuscaloosa, AL: Alabama, Huntsville, Florida State, Georgia, Georgia Tech, Ole Miss, Tennessee
Saturday – January 16, 2021
- Houston, TX: Houston Baptist, Lousiana State, UL-Layfayette, Oklahoma, SFA, Texas A&M, Texas, Texas State,
- Los Angeles, CA: Arizona State, UCLA, Cal Poly – San Luis Obispo, UC-Irvine, San Diego State, Cal State-Northridge, Cal State-Long Beach
- Richmond, VA: Eastern Carolina, JMU, Virginia Virginia Commonwealth, Virginia Tech, W&L
Saturday – January 23, 2021
- Columbus, OH: Ashland, Capital, Dayton, Denison, Michigan, Toledo, Wittenberg
- Indianapolis, IN: Ball State, Butler, DePauw, Indiana, Indiana State, Purdue, SIUE, Valparaiso, Wabash
- Portland, OR: Cal – Berkeley, Colorado, UC-Davis, Oregon State, Stanford, Utah, Washington
- Youngstown, OH: Akron, Allegheny, Case Western, Edinboro, Kent State, Ohio, Muskingum, West Virginia, W&J
Saturday – January 30, 2021
- Binghamton, NY: Binghamton, Buffalo, Cornell, Lycoming, Oneonta, Penn State, RIT, Syracuse
- Hockessin, DE: Delaware, Franklin & Marshall, Gettysburg, Johns Hopkins, Maryland, Towson, YCP
- Philadelphia, PA: Brandeis, Drexel, Lafayette, Monmouth, Penn, Rhode Island, Rowan, Rutgers, USP
Frequently Asked Questions
The program will begin at 10:30 am and finish by 5:00 pm.
Chapters are expected to send eight (8) officers:
- Vice President
- Treasurer/Finance Chair
- Corresponding Secretary
- Fraternity Education Chair/New Member Educator
- Recruitment Chair
- Risk Manager
- Health & Wellness Chair
Attendance at Regional Leadership Training is a core standard of the Fraternity. All core standards must be met within a reporting period/year to maintain good standing with the National Fraternity.
If a brother in one of the eight (8) positions is unable to attend, they should find a replacement who is either on the corresponding committee or works closely with the role.
Program costs are covered in the chapter’s annual dues. Chapters are encouraged to drive to RLT and to use their Chapter Leadership Funds to cover the cost of travel and parking. For the few chapters who fly to locations, their flights will be covered by the Fraternity. Chapters who are required to drive more than 3 hours to the location will be provided hotel accommodations for Friday evening.
Each RLT is made up of large group discussions, two track sessions, a set of breakout sessions, and an opportunity for each chapter to create an action plan for the next year.
Phi Kappa Psi staff members and regional volunteers will lead each session. Participants will also have the chance to interact with Phi Psi Family volunteers throughout the day.
Yes! Individuals are encouraged to complete this Interest Form to express interest in presenting a breakout or general session at the program.
If in-person RLT sessions are not possible because of COVID-19, we will plan to provide the program in a digital format. A final decision for in-person sessions will be made at the end of August.