Regional Officer Training
Regional Officer Training (ROT) is an educational program for officers to learn skills to better serve their respective chapters. The regional approach offers an opportunity to network with nearby chapters. Below are the 2020 program dates, locations, and chapters assigned to each. Registration will open in November.
While there is no Advisor track for 2020, Advisors are invited to indicate their interest to facilitate a session.
Saturday – January 11, 2020
- Central Alabama (TBD): Alabama, Alabama-Huntsville, Florida State, Georgia, Georgia Tech, Ole Miss, Tennessee
- Chicago, IL (TBD): Northwestern, Illinois, NIU, Illinois State, UIC, DePaul, Michigan State, Beloit
- Des Moines, IA (Drake University): Iowa, Iowa State, Kansas, Minnesota, Minnesota-Duluth, Minnesota State Mankato, University of Missouri, University of Nebraska, Lincoln
Saturday – January 18, 2020
- Houston, TX (Houston Baptist University): LSU, UL-Lafayette, Oklahoma, TAMU, UT-Austin, Texas Tech, SFASU, HBU
- Los Angeles, CA (Vickers Residence): Arizona State, UCLA, Cal Poly San Luis Obispo, UC-Irvine, SDSU, UC-Riverside, Cal State Northridge, Cal State Long Beach
- Richmond, VA (VCU): ECU, UVA, VCU, JMU, Virginia Tech, Washington & Lee
Saturday – January 25, 2020
- Columbus, OH (Capital University): Denison, Michigan, Wittenberg, Toledo, Dayton, Ashland, Capital
- Indianapolis, IN (Laurel Hall): SIUE, DePauw, Indiana, Purdue, Valparaiso, Indiana State, Wabash, Ball State
- Portland, OR (TBD): Stanford, Berkeley, UC Davis, Colorado, Oregon State, University of Washington
- Youngstown, OH (Youngstown State University): Case Western, Akron, Kent State, Ohio U., Muskingum, W&J, Allegheny, IUP, Edinboro, WVU
Saturday – February 1, 2020
- Binghamton, NY (SUNY Binghamton): Cornell, Syracuse, Buffalo, Binghamton, Oneonta, RIT, Penn State, Lycoming
- College Park, MD (University of Maryland, College Park): Delaware, Johns Hopkins, Towson, Maryland, Gettysburg, Franklin & Marshall, YCP
- Philadelphia, PA (Drexel University): Brandeis, Monmouth, Rowan, Rutgers, UPenn, U Sciences, Lafayette, Drexel, URI
Frequently Asked Questions
The program will begin at 10:45 am and finish by 4:45 pm.
Chapters are expected to send 7 officers: President, Vice President, Treasurer/Finance Chair, Corresponding Secretary, Fraternity Education Chair/New Member Educator, Recruitment Chair and Risk Manager. Attendance at Regional Officer Training is a core standard of the Fraternity. All core standards must be met within a reporting period/year to maintain good standing with the National Fraternity.
Program costs are covered in the chapter’s annual dues. Chapters are encouraged to drive to ROT and to use their Chapter Leadership Funds for to cover the cost of travel and parking. For the few chapters who fly to locations, their flights will be covered by the Fraternity. Chapters who are required to drive more than 3 hours to the location will be provided hotel accommodations for Friday evening.
Each ROT is made up of an intro session, two track sessions, a set of breakout sessions, and an opportunity for each chapter to create an action plan for the next year.
Phi Kappa Psi staff members and regional volunteers will lead each session. Participants will also have the chance to interact with Phi Psi Family volunteers throughout the day.