Enough is Enough.
Phi Kappa Psi is proud to support and recognize National Hazing Prevention Week. From September 20-24, 2021, HazingPrevention.org will host virtual presentations featuring an array of speakers that touch on the importance of hazing education, intervention and prevention.
The goal of HazingPrevention.org is to educate individuals to recognize the signs of hazing and empower them to speak up against it. Phi Kappa Psi is proud to work with HazingPrevention.org to further educate our members on the importance of hazing prevention and the consequences it can have no only on our organization but in the lives of our members.
We strongly encourage our members to take the HazingPrevention.org pledge vowing to prevent hazing.
Hazing Fast Facts:
- Who has experienced hazing?:
- 22% of Americans indicate they have been hazed
- 47% of students come to college having experienced hazing
- 55% of college students involved in clubs, teams and organizations experience hazing
- The effects of hazing:
- 24% were in a physical altercation
- 23% were injured
- 21% performed poorly on educational assignments
- 22% fought with parents
- How you can get involved
- Read Ron Ransom’s letter in The Shield about hazing
- Sign a pledge not to haze
- Learn and recognize the signs hazing
- Take part in the Anti-Hazing Coalition webinar
- Report hazing through the National Hazing Hotline
For more information about hazing, visit Hazing Prevention.