Alcohol Skills Training Program | Awareness Campaigns | ELEVATE The Conversation | GreekLifeEDU | Ladder of Risk | Men’s Health
ELEVATE encompasses Phi Kappa Psi’s overall health and wellness programs and initiatives to support our undergraduate brothers. Through connection to resources – both local and national, in-person education, online content, awareness campaigns and ongoing support – the Fraternity provides members knowledge and skills to identify and address concerns facing today’s college man.
At its core, ELEVATE exists to:
- Expand the health and wellness education provided to undergraduate members to increase access to information and skills training
- Enhance undergraduate members’ knowledge skills and ability to navigate and address health and wellness concerns
- Reinforce the health and wellness of undergraduate members as an organizational priority congruent with the original founding purpose of Phi Kappa Psi
ELEVATE includes a variety of programs and initiatives including:
- The Wellness Wheel has six dimensions of wellness – Emotional, Intellectual, Physical, Professional, Spiritual and Social. Within each dimension, there are outcomes we believe each member should achieve for optimal wellness. In addition to working on health within each dimension, the wheel is a representation of the importance of understanding the interconnected nature of our health. We cannot be our best self in one area when we are not managing health well in another area.
- Awareness Campaigns are celebrated in conjunction with national health and wellness observances. Phi Kappa Psi encourages members and chapters to participate in the following campaigns that align with our overall mission. Using social media to provide facts, resources and action items, these campaigns are a foundational piece in bringing common concerns to light and helping members understand “I’m not the only one.”
- GreekLifeEdu is an interactive, online course that is a foundational component of new member education. The focus of the course is to empower students to make well-informed decisions about issues that can affect their time as a college student, including alcohol, hazing and sexual assault.
- ELEVATE The Conversation was created to provide undergraduate brothers the opportunity to facilitate chapter conversations about health and wellness focused content. These conversations look at issues in ways that relate to members, while expanding their knowledge and skills for addressing issues they or a brother may experience. Conversations are available around physical health, mental health, masculinity, and healthy relationships.